- The resort operates two licensed 32 foot, twin
boats with canopies.
- All of our boat drivers hold current Speed Boat
Licences issued by the Marine Dept of Malaysian Government.
- Custom made life jackets made to Government safety
standards in 6 sizes from baby to extra large are provided and must be
worn by law.
- The crossing from Tanjong Leman to Pulau Sibu takes
approximately 20 minutes.
- The boats are also used for dive and snorkeling trips.
- Richard's 7 foot boat has found a new lease of life as a brilliant swing in the playground!
Check In Boats From Tanjong LemanNote:
It is important to
understand that our boats only run when we have guests arriving or
departing, it is not a ferry service. you must prebook your boat time
when making a booking.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 2 p.m.
- Friday: 2 p.m. & 6 p.m. & 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 2 p.m.
- Sunday 2 p.m. & 3.30 p.m.
If you have any special requests for boat times please ask, we
try and be flexible IF at all possible. The reason for no posted mid
morning boats is because the Dive Base frequently use both boats for
diving & snorkeling trips. There is a surcharge of RM120 for all
nonscheduled boat trips.
When the sea is a litttle choppy it may be unsafe to land on the
beach at Sea Gypsy in which case we will land on the protected side
of Sibu at Coconut Village. This means a 10 minute boat ride and a
15 minute walk through the jungle to reach Sea Gypsy, our staff will
carry the luggage.
For very large departures & arrivals on public holidays, for all
school trips or in stormy weather it is our practice to hire a twin
hulled 50 seat air conditioned ferry which can only operate in and
out of Coconut Village.
Please note: our boat
drivers wait 15 minutes or so for late comers. If you miss your
selected boat and ask us to send a boat back to Tg. Leman to collect you
before the next scheduled boat service the charge will be RM120 in
addition to the regular boat fare to cover the cost of the fuel. We do
not guarantee that a boat will be available due to Dive Base activities.
Back to top