Directions to Tanjong Leman from Singapore by Public Transport
Note: Passengers always have to get off the bus and walk through
both Singapore & Malaysian Immigrations & Customs with their
- Either go to Queens Street Bus Terminus or Woodlands and get the 170
bus which will take you across the Causeway and all the way to Johor
Bahru Bus Terminus at Larkin.
- Or go to Queens Street Bus Terminus and take the Singapore / Johor
Express which will also take you to Johor Bahru Bus Terminus at
Larkin. Slightly more expensive but air conditioned and faster.
- Or take the MRT to Kranji station and then take any of the buses
across the Causeway. One can quite often find long distance taxis at
the Malaysian side of the Causeway, if not take a local taxi to
Larkin bus station where there’s a long distance taxi rank. Don’t
worry, it’s on your way, not out of the way!
- At the Bus Station get a light blue Long Distance Taxi to Tanjong
Leman. If the driver is not sure where Tanjong Leman is, tell him
Tenggaroh Plantation south of Mersing (which most of them seem to
know). The cost of the taxi should be RM 150, depends how good you
are at bargaining.
- The taxi ride will take about 2 hours so please give yourselves
plenty of time
- There is no bus from Larkin to Tanjong Leman but you could take a
bus from Larkin to Kota Tinggi and a taxi from there. The bus costs
RM5 but can take 1 to 2 hours depending on how many stops it makes.
The taxi from Kota Tinggi to Tanjong Leman costs about RM80 and will
take an hour.
- At Tanjong Leman there is a Jetty Fee of RM 5.00 per person,
children under 4 yrs free of charge.
- On departure taxis are available from Tanjong Leman back to Johor
Directions to Tanjong Leman from Kuala Lumpur by Public Transport
Back to top
- The fastest way is to take the Express buss from Kuala Lumpur to
Larkin bus station in Johor Bahru. Buses from KL cost RM40 and take
about 4 hours but be careful, if you don’t get the express you’ll
save money but the bus will take hours and hours, stopping
- Once you arrive at Larkin bus station in Johor Bahru follow the